Hi ppl! In this article, I am about to demonstrate a quick scripted way of onboarding your computers to the Operations Management Suite. More specific we will go through with the command line installation of the Microsoft Monitoring Agent (MMA).
- Login to OMS Portal https://login.mms.microsoft.com/signin.aspx?ref=ms_mms.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Connected Sources.
- Choose Windows Sources, note down Workspace ID and Primary Key.
- Click on Download Windows Agent 64bit or 32bit.
- Open an elevated command prompt and navigate to the directory where the MMA executable has been downloaded.
- Execute the following command (fill in your workspace id and workspace key).
MMASetup-AMD64.exe /Q:A /R:N /C:"setup.exe /qn ADD_OPINSIGHTS_WORKSPACE=1
OPINSIGHTS_WORKSPACE_ID=<strong><your workspace id></strong> OPINSIGHTS_WORKSPACE_KEY=<strong><your workspace key></strong>
Additionally, the MMA agent can be connected to more than one OMS Workspaces (multi-homed).