Just a few days ago, an announcement was made in the Azure Portal regarding the future of Azure File Sync. The announcement states the following:
What’s going on? Refresh 2 just released, the final refresh of the service and server agent before general availability (GA). This means that the product its one step away from going GA! See a full list of improvements over here. Microsoft suggests to end users who already deployed and using AFS, to update the Sync Agent to the latest version in order to be ready when the product goes GA.
The latest bits of Sync Agent (Preview Refresh 2) can be found here. The OS requirements remain the same, meaning that only Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 (and 2019!) are supported at the moment.
- AzureRM module version: 4.3.1 or later
- How to update AzureRM module: https://docs.microsoft.com/powershell/azure/install-azurerm-ps
- Windows Management Framework 5.1 (Windows Server 2012 R2 only)
- Download location: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54616
- Supported languages: English. Additional languages will be supported in a future release
Thanks for reading!
You must log in to post a comment.