Hey everyone! Just dropping by to quickly share with all of you a small cheat sheet of mine with all the available Azure VM Sizes that are capable of Nested Virtualization. Let’s quickly take a moment to remember what is Nested Virtualization and why and when it should be used.
When and why should be used:
- Non-production workloads.
- Testing purposes. Most suitable for scenarios where several hosts are required to test configurations.
- Training. Building virtual infrastructure for educational purposes.
- Development. Building and providing dedicated hosts to teams for Application development.
Azure VM Sizes that support Nested Virtualization
The VM sizes mentioned above, are the current ones that support Nesting. Always keep an eye for any upcoming updates/changes here.
Last but not least, feel free to try out my Azure Resource Manager Template that will automate the deployment of an Azure IaaS VM with the Hyper-V role enabled!
- How to enable nested virtualization in an Azure VM
- Run Hyper-V in a Virtual Machine with Nested Virtualization
Thanks for reading!